Wednesday 20 May 2015

Production log week 2

Week 2
10th of may to the 17th of may 2015

This week we finished off the storyboard all together and on Wednesday I showed Prinul the new storyboard and he decided colour it in, and it is uploaded to blogger. We finished off pre-production and the only thing lest to do is the evaluation of the pitch which still needs to be done.
On Tuesday I designed a packshot, which is a still image of a product normally used at the end of adverts for products.
The first model for the packshot
I designed this one to look cool and grab the attention of anyone channel-hopping, this will happen as I used a bright yellow which will notice the advert because of the colouring. I used a yellow background over using purple as, it emulated the flake bar's colour scheme and also because I could do the same thing that the Simpsons does as the show also uses bright yellow as to catch a viewers attention because of colour of the characters.
The second and final model for the packshot
 This design was made using fireworks and had a lot of detail inside, it was quite basic, I used a vine like pattern in faded in the background to remind the audience of how the flake bar has a similar design on it.
After designing that, and disliking I moved on to make a better version of it. I remade the title, so now its purple like the flake bar, the text was moved the middle, and the circle with the flake bars was removed in favour of a broken one either side. I also added very faint flake bars in the background and shrunk the twitters name and the hash tag so that there was more room for the faint flakes to be seen,
There were no logistical challenges this week.

The only technical challenge this week was editing together a basic, quick version of the advert we staged during a lesson to see how it would look and it turned out to be really bad, and because of this we can redesign anything we think is bad to be better.

By next week Sunday I plan to have the evaluation finished with and start planning when we should film the actually advert and plan out how it will look now.

No comments:

Post a Comment